Our Leadership: July 2021 to July 2023
The Moderator of General Assembly
The Rt Rev. Sipho J Mtetwa
- The Rev. Dr Sipho Mtetwa was inducted at the 2021 General Assembly for a two year period.
- Term of Office: July 2021 to July 2023.
- A Serving Minister seconded as Chaplain in the Office of the Premier, KZN Legislature, Pietermaritzburg.
The General Secretary
The Rev. Dr Lungile Mpetsheni
- The Rev. Dr Mpetsheni as General Secretary represents the church ecumenically.
- Is Ambassador / “face” of the UPCSA internally and externally
- The Managerial level and accountability is similar to that of a Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Manages the operational and strategic functioning of the Central Church Office and its staff
- Represents the UPCSA ecumenically locally, trans-nationally and internationally
- Facilitates, oversees and monitors (where relevant to position) General Assembly decisions, matters and missions
- The Rev Lydia Neshangwe was elected at the 2021 General Assembly.
- Term of Office: July 2023 to July 2025.
- A Serving Minister at St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church in Hillside, Bulawayo, Zimbabwe.