Our Leadership: July 2018 to July 2020 extended to July 2021 due to the effects Covid-19 pandemic
The Moderator of General Assembly
The Rt Rev. Dr Peter Langerman
- The Rev. Dr Peter Langerman was inducted at the 2018 General Assembly for a two year period.
- Term of Office: July 2018 to July 2020 extended to July 2021 by the Emergency General Assembly held on 10 June 2020.
- A Serving Minister at Durbanville Presbyterian Church, Durbanville, Cape Town.
The General Secretary
The Rev. Lungile Mpetsheni
- The Rev. Mpetsheni as General Secretary represents the church ecumenically.
- Is Ambassador / “face” of the UPCSA internally and externally
- The Managerial level and accountability is similar to that of a Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Manages the operational and strategic functioning of the Central Church Office and its staff
- Represents the UPCSA ecumenically locally, trans-nationally and internationally
- Facilitates, oversees and monitors (where relevant to position) General Assembly decisions, matters and missions
The Rev. Sipho Mtetwa
- The Rev Sipho Mtetwa was elected at the 2018 General Assembly.
- Term of Office: July 2020 to July 2022. The Emergency General Assembly of 10 June 2020 Postponed the term of office to begin term of office in July 2021
- A Serving Minister at…