Presbyterian Educational Fund
The PEF Bursary Administrator
Ms Elizabeth White
- Administrator of the Fund and Secretary to the committee responsible for the Presbyterian Educational Fund.
PEF Sunday 2018
2019 Application Forms
- 2019.Letter.MINS.SESS CLRKS. PEF APPLICATIONS FORMS
- 2019.HS.APPLICATION FORM.HIGH SCHOOL
- 2019.PS..APPLICATION FORM.COLLEGE.UNIV
Current General Information and Reports
- PEF Information Brochure
- PEF.2016-2017 DETAILED LIST OF AWARDS by Congregation and Presbytery
- PEF Awards July 2014 to June 2015
- PEF Awards July 2015 to June 2016
- PEF.2016-2017 DETAILED LIST DONATIONS RECEIVED
- Summary of PEF Donations 2010 to 2016 as at 30 June 2016
- Detailed Report of PEF Donations July 2014 to June 2016 as at 30 June 2016 (detailed report)
- Information on National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS)
Past General Information and Reports
Empowerment Through Education
The Presbyterian Educational Fund offers partial bursaries towards tuition fees to young people in the UPCSA who are aged 12 or 13 (Grade 8) to 25, and who require financial assistance for studies at high school, college or university, provided that they have achieved academically.
Although other sources of help may also be sought, a condition of PEF assistance is that parents/families pay at least part of the tuition and other fees themselves. Full bursaries are never granted and boarding, books, uniforms and transport are not covered.
Anyone wishing to apply for a bursary should ask his/her Minister for an Application Form (or print a form off this page) and submit the completed form and required documentation to the PEF Administrator at the Central Office before 30 September.
By assisting applicants where the need is greatest, the PEF aims to help our young people achieve a bright future for themselves and their families where currently the outlook is bleak, but this dream is hampered by the lack of sufficient funds.
Funding for bursaries comes from donations received from congregations and organizations within the Church, as well as from trusts, individuals and businesses. Income from investments meets no more than a third of disbursements currently. Gifts in memory of loved ones or bequests are also welcomed and all these sources are vital to the continued and future health of the fund.
Each year the General Assembly sets aside the nearest Sunday to Youth Day to publicize the Presbyterian Educational Fund, also requesting that a retiring offering be taken up for the PEF.
To learn more about the Presbyterian Educational Fund please see the Brochure on this page or contact the administrator, Liz White, using the contact details provided.
BANKING DETAILS of the PEF
Name of account: UPCSA – Presbyterian Educational Fund
Bank: Standard Bank Branch Code: 000355 (Parktown)
Account Number: 20 085 175 6
Payment Reference. Use one of the following
Name of congregation and Town OR
Name of Presbytery Or
Association and name of Congregation / Presbytery /
Note: Please do not mail cheques to the PEF
Celebrating 40 Years of Education